We train and develop leaders who represent the HIV epidemic in the U.S. South, particularly those who are members of Black, Latinx, queer, and transgender communities through a 10-person year-long cohort learning experience that includes group instruction and individual leadership training.
Utilizing in-house expertise and contracting with experienced Southern providers, AIDS United provides specialized support tailored to individual leader goals that go beyond professional focus to develop the whole leader.
The program is focused on:
- Increasing relationship building.
- Improving leader resilience.
- Increasing professional skills and resources.
Topic of focus may include:
- Networking, strategic communications, public speaking, and media training
- Grant writing and fundraising
- Management and administrative competencies
- Advocacy campaign development
- Effective and impactful intersectional work
- Integrating Racial Justice principles
- Integrating meaningful involvement of people living with HIV
2019 Leadership Development Cohort
Dwain Bridges, Jr.
Cotrencla “Tren” Burkett
Giovanni De Stefano
Ernie W. Hoskins
Jon Harris Maurer
New Orleans, LA