DEADLINE PASSED: Letters of Intent due July 9 at 11:59pm ET
AIDS United is pleased to announce the opportunity for grant support of up to $100,000 through the Southern HIV Impact Fund!
The Southern HIV Impact Fund (the Southern Fund) supports organizations across intersecting movements to enhance and coordinate HIV prevention, care and support services, and advocacy and movement-building across the South.
The Southern Fund resources organizations that center trans-identified and gender non-conforming persons; Black and Latinx gay, bisexual, and queer men; other people of color; people who experience oppressive policing and mass incarceration; and reproductive justice for women of color and gay and bisexual men. AIDS United and the funding collaborative believe that the lives of people living with, or at risk of HIV cannot be siloed into one issue area and therefore, organizations are expected to demonstrate how their work intersects with racial and gender justice.
The goals of the Southern HIV Impact Fund are to:
- Increase collaborative efforts across the U.S. South to end HIV and reduce health disparities;
- Catalyze a demonstrable increase in leadership in the U.S. South that is more reflective of the regional HIV epidemic, while also providing support to current leaders; and
- Increase resources to the South, both through technical assistance and grant making.
To apply, organizations must be based in any of the following states: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas.
- Request for Letters of Intent released: June 18, 2019
- Letters of Intent Due: July 9, 2019 at 11:59pm ET
- Invitations to Apply: August 2, 2019
Important Documents – Read these prior to submitting your LOI:
Questions? Please contact the Southern HIV Impact Fund team at firstname.lastname@example.org.